Have you ever wanted your own personal yoga practice to do on your time and in your own space? Or perhaps you want to create a yoga practice to address a specific injury, chronic pain, illness or disease? Yoga therapy is an excellent option for someone who may not be interested in or able to attend group classes, or anyone who would like to supplement occasional classes with a home practice. Sadhana is the yogic term referring to the spirited self-discipline of a daily practice. Sadhana may include yoga postures and somatic inquiry to enhance your physical wellbeing; it also may incorporate traditional facets of yoga such as meditation, pranayama, mudras, mantra, Ayurvedic guidelines for daily self-care and mindful eating. Yoga Therapy helps you to understand and appreciate your unique body and mind dynamics so you can live more fully.
Some of the main ways in which yoga therapy differs from yoga are:
• Yoga therapy is completely adaptable and works with your goals. Each session is tailored to the client’s needs; whether you want to gain relief from chronic pain, facilitate injury recovery, improve flexibility, reduce stress and sleep better, improve body awareness and well-being, get help with anxiety or depression, or simply retain your youthful appearance and energy.
• Yoga therapy targets the practice to specific conditions. Most health issues benefit from some yoga asanas or yoga breathing techniques and not others. A yoga therapy program for sciatic pain for example, would be very different from a yoga therapy practice targeting anxiety.
• Yoga therapy adjusts the poses to your body’s needs. A Yoga Therapist shows the client how to modify poses to their body using props and gentle alignment assists. This ensures that you get full benefits from each pose and feel safe and confident doing a personalized home practice.
• Yoga therapy uses adjunct techniques to speed your progress. When called for, the session may include energy therapy, sound healing or thai yoga bodywork to facilitate a deeper release.
• Yoga therapy is offered in individual sessions enabling the teacher to guide you in the fine subtleties of muscle relaxation, stretching, and strengthening.
Yoga Therapy Private
$70 per session – 75 minute sessions. The first session includes an initial intake and may take up to 90 minutes. Megan provides personalized home practice documentation and follow up support. Depending on your goals, it is recommended that you schedule 2-4 sessions over a 1-3 month period for optimal results.
If you are able, please print, fill out and bring the following Yoga Therapy Intake Form with you to your appointment: Yoga Therapy Intake
$50 per session – 60 minute session. There are many styles and variations of meditation techniques. Megan will help you find the meditation tools that support your individuality or religious and spiritual tradition. Personalized documentation and follow up support is available if needed.
If you are able, please print, fill out and bring the following Meditation Intake Form with you to your appointment: Meditation Intake